Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017

On the train and in the air

Boy, the last two days were completely messed up. We only took about half of the the planned train ride, then had to find alternate transportation because of the disruption of the train route. AMTRAK didn't provide bus service from SLC as promised, so we finally ended up in the air and flew into Reno yesterday evening after having spent a whole day at stations and airports. It was a nightmarish day and nothing, really nothing worked out as planned. It's a long and aggravating story with AMTRAK, which I spare you from hearing. The picture below shows The Strip in Vegas from the Air, one of our stops en route to Reno.

Also, I lost my camera cable and whereas in our fancy Chicago hotel they had an Apple laptop where I was able to insert the digital memory card and load it down on a stick, I lucked out here. Need to find a drugstore or meet somebody with an Apple Powerbook instead of my Airbook. Perhaps someone in the fam tour group, which we are going to meet tonight at dinner, could be helpful.

Lost track myself somehow, but from the 31st floor of the Silver Legency hotel we woke up this morning with a view towards the snow-covered Sierra Nevada Mountains range, with the I-80 in the distance leading towards Donner Pass and Lake Tahoe. Slept better last night than on the train, the "roomettes" there are pretty cramped and sticky at night. Still, I hate A/Cs, like the one in the room here. Some work to do on the computer first (like to accomplish our Chicago script and mail the photos), then we'll head out to explore Reno.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen